In the past couple weeks a couple of bloggers have nominated me for some blog awards. I am grateful for their affirmation and support. Amira who hails from the Maldives, a country I’ve long been fascinated with, and blogs at Mindblur nominated me for the Hope Unites Globally or HUG Award. Averil at The Cook, The Baker and The Clay Boy Maker nominated me for the Versatile blogger award.
In response I am to nominate others and tell some things about myself. Writing blog posts isn’t difficult but divulging a list of things seems like it will be thoroughly uninteresting. But here goes! If you’d like to hear the stories behind anything in the list please let me know in the comment section and expect a future blog post!
- I tasted my first strawberry in Afghanistan
- I will be 58 years old before I’ve spent as much time in the United States as I have overseas
- I have 5 kids born on 3 continents – 2 born at a hospital overlooking the Nile River.
- I love tea and scones, particularly if they are at a delightful tea shop in London
- My favorite possession is my passport and I wish to be buried with it.
- My faith is paramount to my existence – in it I live and breathe and have my being.
- My daughter-in-law was an extra in the movie Public Enemies.
- I will never vote along party lines in the United States, unwilling to be put into a political box I prefer to vote as an independent.
- If I write a book about parenting I will name it “My Son Mooned Karl Rove (and other parenting stories) and that, my friends, is the truth!
- Every day I get surprised that people read my blog, comment thoughtfully and send emails. It is a gift.
And the Nomination for the Hope Unites Globally Award is: The 365 From the Archive – http://mimokhairphotography.com/. Mimo is a thoughtful photographer from Lebanon with pictures that you want to sink into and thoughtful commentary on those pictures. Take a look at her work – you won’t be disappointed.
Nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Slowing the Racing Mind – Stacy is my kindred spirit blogger. She blogs the way I do and in a single week will take you from a social commentary, to a spiritual passion, to a recipe or restaurant.
- Catholic Dialogue – Isabella blogs at Catholic Dialogue and though I am not Catholic, her wisdom and ability to articulate truth is a joy.
- Day by Day the Farm Girl Way – Little Sun Dog lives a vastly different life than I do in wide open spaces, adopting deer and reveling in the peace of a farm. Her photographs and descriptions of that life are lovely.
- Give Me Stories – Little Navy Fish is an undergraduate in the U.K. and gives me great book reviews with a fun dose of opinion.
- Little Explorer’s Blog – Little Explorer grew up between worlds, just as I did, and so it was a quick connection. She blogs about traveling, meeting people, and being curious about life in general.
- Sachikorose – Stephanie is like family. She is a Third Culture Kid, my sister-in-law’s niece and a global nomad.
- Cross Cultural Insights – Eleniloporto has lived all over the world and has a similar perspective. She blogs from a multicultural, global perspective.